Tuesday, April 28, 2015

In love with the imperfect man

G you are stepping on the wrong side of 30 Baby :) and i could not have been more wicked happy about it.

We started off with your 29th Birthday and today after 7 years i am out of ideas. I am out of gifts, out of streamers, balloons, mush cards and all the shenanigans. But one thing my man, i would never run run out of, is..words.

You remain the constant fear in my life, the fear of having tea spilled over the new bedsheets, the fear of forever changing dates of holidays, the fear of hearing from you "lets just sleep today " on a Sunday afternoon, the fear of you not listening to why Jabong is my favorite place to buy online and the greatest fear of all is to hear you say "i dont want to drive that far for your matching earings "

Life is about such simple joys with you, like hearing you ring the bell when you come back from office, i think i greet you more excited than a 3 week old pup would be. Like sitting at that small road side cafe where i thulp on my cold coffee and maggi while you and Keya are too busy fighting eachother as she wants to sip my coffee. Life is about the small joys of watching you pick up my favorite loaf of cake at the shop, without being told, about letting me watch late night sappy movies while you agree to put Keya to bed.Innumerable trips to the streetside shopping paradise, just so i can get the perfect pair of earings, silent painful moments spent waiting outside the taylors shop,unimaginable pain of seeing yet another new pair of sandals or a new suit. But boy, you think i miss the look of admiration when you see me step out wearing something new..you know, i can see that secret admiration, that quiet 2 second approval that you give me, munching on your bread toasts sitting across the dining table. So, everytime i shop, i know who is the happier and prouder soul :)

Having said this my dear heart throb, let me assure you, till the day my heart throbs, its going to always go gogogagga over you because no one can deal with this crazy heart of mine, as well as you do. We as 30 year olds, talking about hearts and hearth throbs after 7 years of marriage is good sign , eh ? who would know that the shy bespectacled boy in his blue corduroys would manage to keep this crabby nomad hinged , for a lifetime.

You have been the strongest rock to lean on and sometime bang my head on, i have rubbed you the wrong way, i have given you mood swings leaving you clueless, i have been bad..but who knew someday i would regret all that. You have taken me at my best worst and when i am myself unsure of , for all that and more, much more, thank you Baby.

Stay this way please ! i love that fussy hand wiping out the dinner plates, i love that unkept hair out of bed, i love those fumbling hands spilling tea, i love those eyes that poke me when it sees something new, i love the short msgs and text in the middle of the day..but most of all, i love my daughters father.

Happy Birthday to the worlds Greatest Father,  stay this way, imperfectly the best !


PS:" Perfect Woman " is a word wrongly included , as a marketing gimmick in that matrimony site 7 years back ! there are no perfect women
, just one woman, who is perfect for you 

13 comments:

Harini said...

Fantastic post. Its so sweet. A Very Happy Birthday G :)

Dip said...

Beautiful as always

Happy birthday G :)

sulagna said...

Thank you guys...its amazing to know I still have someone who reads me, consideringbi am an annual blogger now :)

SG said...

Happy Birthday G. You are lucky. You have a good wife.

Now Sulagna, I have a question. At the end, you wrote "I love my daughters father". No apostrophe. Does that mean another daughter is on the way? If so, congratulations to both of you.

sulagna said...

Haha Rajan ..nahi nahi..we are still at our wits end with one tornado, can't think of brewing in another ! My mistake I misses the apostrophe, little did I know it would add to my family strength ;) and so good to hear from you after so long

Lady Whispers said...

Sulu....This is just so beautiful.....when post midnight...After a bad day....and with only reasons to dislike life I read this....and start believing in little more love....know that someone is thankful you wrote this.

Happy Birthday to G. May God bless you guys always.

Love stories in the movies can't be as beautiful as the one you talk of. Touch wood :)

P.S. You still teach me hope when I go cynical of love.

The Enchantress said...

Louve is you both :) To me love personifies You and G , have always looked up at you as the Perfect Couple..

Happy Bday Man ! You have a wonderful wife <3

Unknown said...

Please check your mail!

Tanvi said...

So sweet! Belated Happy Birthday to G!

∞ tanvii.com ∞

Renu said...

Beautiful Post!

Shivani Negi said...

You have literally given me goosebumps early start of the day. Where was me, not read your blog post for soooo long. Was looking for a nice blog post to read today, and could just think of you.
Thanks you are terribly good man!!!!
KEEP IT UP!!
belated happy b'day G:)
Have a great day!!

S said...

That picture is adorable :)

Wish you guys many more happy birthdays and anniversaries together!

Anonymous said...

Visite my site and read poem

 
template by suckmylolly.com